You have our word on it.
Communication with the world has never been more important. Your message must be clear, concise, and consistent.
Translation Toronto ensures “industry specific” translators for your projects:
- Administration, marketing and communications
- Agriculture, food and nutrition
- Aerospace and Defence
- Finance, banking and insurance
- Industrial, manufacturing and retail
- Information technology and telecommunications
- Transport, travel and tourism
Translation Toronto provides you with:
- translation in virtually any language combination
- revision and proof reading
- project management
Translation Toronto understands that every region of the world has its own cultural twist on a language so we ensure that your work is conducted by native speakers. We want to Leave No Doubt as to our commitment to your message.
Our translators are selected and deployed specifically based on their experience with different subject areas, text type and are trained according to each customer’s requirements. While most of our translators have expertise in different technical areas, they are further differentiated according to the particular field in question. This means that the required translation is carried out by specialists according to subject matter, customer specifications and the specific translation tool required for the content.
Translation Toronto follows a stringent and quality-oriented policy in hiring, training and deploying resources. In order to select and manage new resources, Translation Toronto has highly experienced permanent vendor management teams that respond quickly as demands for languages, translation tools and capacity arise.
All selected translators are native speakers of the target language and have either a degree in translation and/or extensive professional translation experience. Technical translators often also have an academic and/or professional background in the technical field in which they work, such as engineering, and all translators are trained in the specific area and requirements of the customer. In addition, translators are selected for a given project according to their skill in the type of document, such as technical, marketing or legal content to ensure the correct vocabulary and tone of the communication document.
Potential translators, whether internal or external, undergo a rigorous selection process that includes challenging, specialised test translations, proof of experience and demonstrated knowledge of translation tools. External translators wishing for regular assignment may be asked to reserve capacity and agree to flexible deployment.
Translation is a highly specialized skill and requires a certain amount of time. The following table gives a rough estimate of the time required for translating technical documents in western languages.
For rush requests, we will do everything in our power to make it happen. Timely delivery is one of the key factors of our quality goals, and all employees are trained to focus on compliance with your requirements and deadlines. At the same time, we don’t make promises we can’t keep; we will tell you up front before any work has begun when you can expect to have your translation returned.
As soon as the project manager receives a request the file is analysed so that the project manager can then immediately confirm requested deadlines and/or offers different options. For example, the speed of translation can be increased if more than one translator is assigned or partial deliveries can be agreed.
The Project Manager continuously monitors the translator(s) throughout the course of the project and is well informed should any problems arise. If there is any indication that there may be a delay in delivery, alternatives, for example assigning an additional resource, are put into place. If no appropriate solution can be found, we will immediately inform you and offer the best possible solutions. Such cases are kept to an absolute minimum. We place great value on professional, accurate planning, and open communication with both resources and customers at all times.
We’ve found that the easiest way to avoid situations like this is to involve us during the planning stage. Since you know that you will need the documents translated, as you have a document(s) approved internally, send it to us right away so that we can get to work to help avoid delays from sending one large project. This will also allow you to go to market much faster.
It’s a small world after all.
In the Global economy it’s essential to accurately and effectively present your company in the language of your customer. In North and South America, there are over 400 million Spanish speakers. The BRIC countries (Brazil, Russia, India, and China) are offering opportunities like never before. Are you making it easy for them to do business with you? When you cater your business to the language of your customer two things happen; you create loyalty and referrals.
The opportunities are endless but mistakes are costly. Never has the expression “You only get one chance to make a first impression” more true. Translation Toronto makes certain that your words and ideas are accurately translated in both meaning and style; you have our word on it!
6 things you should know.
- Source files are always better than PDFs because it helps eliminate potential errors and will speed up the translation process.
- Sending previously translated material helps us maintain your consistency and builds a glossary of your approved terms.
- The top 10 languages that we translate are: English, French, Spanish, Italian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, German, Portuguese, Russian, Arabic and Japanese.
- Variables that affect turnaround time: Language combination, number of languages required, file format (if extensive file preparation or DTP is required), determination of source and local target as to where the translations will be used, other services that may be needed such as notarization, transcription, technical accuracy check.
- Typically there are three people assigned to your project; Project Manager, Translated, a more senior reviser. For larger projects requiring more resources the PM can supervise several translators and revisers.
- Quotes are based on the language combination(s) required, size and complexity of the document, expected turnaround time, file format and layout. Quotes will include all project management fees, translation, and revision. We will not begin a project until you have provided us with your written approval.